It is currently 28 February 2021, 4:39 Advanced search

How to configure IDManager on SparterAsp.net

Questions and answers on how to best use Instant Developer

How to configure IDManager on SparterAsp.net

Postby Valerio.Scordato » 29 October 2020, 0:57

I would like to deploy some app on SmartAsp.net using a .Net Plan with IdManager
I read somewhere it could be possible but How Can I configure the defalt path for the app deployment?
Valerio.Scordato

Re: How to configure IDManager on SparterAsp.net

Postby john w » 29 October 2020, 14:37

I am a long time SmarterAsp user. I have had a number of Instant Developer apps deployed there. As a server provider I have only good things to say about them.

However, I do not use ID Manager to deploy my apps to their servers. Instead, I publish locally (my development pc), I unzip the installer file and then ftp those files to the site. It sounds complicated but really only takes a minute or so to do.

Its an alternative method but functional. I have colleagues on SmarterAsp who use this same process for their Instant Developer apps.

John W
Regards

John W
john w

Postby Valerio.Scordato » 29 October 2020, 16:37

john w wrote:I am a long time SmarterAsp user. I have had a number of Instant Developer apps deployed there. As a server provider I have only good things to say about them.

However, I do not use ID Manager to deploy my apps to their servers. Instead, I publish locally (my development pc), I unzip the installer file and then ftp those files to the site. It sounds complicated but really only takes a minute or so to do.

Its an alternative method but functional. I have colleagues on SmarterAsp who use this same process for their Instant Developer apps.

John W

Thank you very much John, I will do so.
But the connection string points to the Db on SmarterAsp or a local database?
Thank you again and best regards
Valerio.Scordato

Postby john w » 30 October 2020, 16:28

Yes the connection string points to the database on SmarterAsp. You can reset the connection string to do that and test the connection before you deploy.
Regards

John W
john w

Postby Valerio.Scordato » 31 October 2020, 17:27

john w wrote:Yes the connection string points to the database on SmarterAsp. You can reset the connection string to do that and test the connection before you deploy.

Thank you very much
Valerio.Scordato

Postby ljwilson » 1 November 2020, 14:17

Valerio,

A few years ago Bill Walker wrote-up a how-to for installing IDManager on SmarterASP. I got his permission to attach it to this thread.

I don't user SmarterASP myself, so things might have changed since this was written, but maybe it will give you some ideas.

...jack

InDe Step by Step Publishing.pdf
(293.21 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
ljwilson

Postby Valerio.Scordato » 1 November 2020, 16:54

ljwilson wrote:Valerio,

A few years ago Bill Walker wrote-up a how-to for installing IDManager on SmarterASP. I got his permission to attach it to this thread.

I don't user SmarterASP myself, so things might have changed since this was written, but maybe it will give you some ideas.

...jack

InDe Step by Step Publishing.pdf

ljwilson It has been very appreciated.

Thank you
Valerio.Scordato

Return to Tips & Tricks