It is currently 20 September 2020, 20:20 Advanced search

Excel Functions?

Questions and answers on how to best use Instant Developer

Excel Functions?

Postby john w » 14 September 2020, 16:52

I need to use an Excel function called Slope to chart data. Can I use Excel functions in InDe? If I can how are they called/referenced? The function is also in LibreOffice Calc, perhaps that is another source.

Thanks,

John W
Regards

John W
john w

Re: Excel Functions?

Postby ljwilson » 14 September 2020, 20:38

Natively: no.

I would look into a .Net library which did what you wanted. I see SyncFusion has one which looks promising (says it supports over 400 Excel formulas and doesn't depend on having Excel installed):

https://www.syncfusion.com/excel-framework/net?utm_source=nuget&utm_medium=listing

Or figure out the formula for slope and write it yourself using InDe functions :-)

...jack
ljwilson

Re: Excel Functions?

Postby john w » 15 September 2020, 12:33

Jack - thanks for the response. I have thought about replicating the formula. I looked for them, but its linear regression on a data array. The formulas I have seen I frankly do not understand. I am a lower math guy. You get into the Greek symbols and I am done. Of course Excel and LibreOffice Calc hide the formula in a function which I do not know how to look at the underlying process.

If I could get the formula and implement it, I am thinking InDe may be the perfect platform for the app.

I also just started to look at the Syncfusion spreadsheet component. I hope to have some time to spend with it this week.
Regards

John W
john w

Return to Tips & Tricks